Sunday, February 3, 2008

Not Perfect Afterall, The Giants Beat the Patriots 17-14

I'm no Giants fan. In fact, as a Redskins fan, the New York Football Giants are the second or third most hated team in the NFL to me (Dallas is definitely Number 1, with the Giants and Eagles competing for the second spot). However, lately I've been dying to see the good guys win. And after all of the cheating accusations and what I perceive as total arrogance from the Patriots, Coach Bill Belichick (The Unabomber) and Tom Brady (John Edwards' long lost brother)... I have begun to equate the Patriots with all that is evil. Like politics, sports can make for strange bed fellows, and as such, I found myself actually pulling for the Giants tonight. Its a strange world when one of the teams I hate the most are actually the "good guys".

When corruption seems to rule the current presidential nomination process, and the good guys are left for dead because they don't play into the media's storybook... I am pulling for anyone who I perceive is less than evil and doesn't fall into the plans of the consensus. So tonight I revel in a win by the Giants. Congrats to Boy Wonder (Eli Manning) and the boys in blue. Who would have thunk that for one brief moment I'd be a fan. Thanks for shutting the Patriots up, and ending the almost perfect season. How fitting that what started in Spygate has finally ended in a loss.

Tom Brady isn't going to Disney World... and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: