Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Wife Is Always Proud of America - Anti Obama T-Shirt of the Day

My Wife is Always Proud of America My Wife is Always Proud of America My Wife is Always Proud of America

Michelle Obama has never in her adult life been proud of her country, until now. Really? Then why are you trying so hard to be the first lady? Why are you trying so hard to move into the White House? Why bother spending your time and energy trying to get your husband elected to the Presidency of something you are not proud to be a part of?

It makes me sick. If you aren't proud of this country, then pack your bags and move somewhere else. I'm sure France would love to have you. You can have your disagreements with the government and policy, you can be worried about our direction, you can be concerned with the future or the past... but still you should be proud to be an American, because with all its flaws, it is still the best and freest country on the planet.

Apparently, Michelle didn't see it that way. That's fine. As far as I am concerned you, your husband, and your Pastor can all take your America-Hating selves somewhere else. You've got a bit of money in the campaign chest, buy a plane ticket.

For the rest of us who still get choked up at the National Anthem and find a lump in our throats at the rising of the flag... we'll be just fine without you. Let's save our nation's house and the Presidency for someone who has always been proud to be a part of it.

My Wife Has Always Been Proud of Our Country. I have the t-shirt to prove it, and I don't think we would have been married otherwise.

No comments: